Thursday, October 15, 2015

ebay

ebay warning

Warning:
Don’t become a victim
This all starts off innocent enough,
It begins with upgrading your current bike, and then you see the new bikes on-line.
So after many long nights browsing craigslist and e-bay you get the courage to go to the LBS.
It starts with a quick glance hoping nobody notices. Then you gently brush up against one of them, startled thinking it may fall over you grab it by the grips.
With a little coaxing you swing a leg over. Lift it up and down get a feel for fit and take it for a spin.
By now it is getting late and you need to get home.
That was enough excitement for one day.
Later that evening you go on e-bay. You can’t believe your eyes, there she is!
People are bidding on her but she deserves more than they are offering. So you innocently enough figure “I’ll be a good sport and drive up the bid” (not a good plan).
Guess what
I got a new training partner
Wow that didn't take long to get here from California.
Let's get it inside and let it thaw out a little.
Box look's undamaged, everything probably will be in good shape.
Wow the seller did a great job of packing 
Time to get it all assembled.
I took my new training partner from california out of the box, and gently sat her down on the couch. Then out of nowhere, she starts trash talking at the cross-country skis. Saying things like "guess what they do with abandoned wood in California?" I start thinking wow someone had rough trip.
This attitude continues when she gets put on the stand.
Startling the Harley that is just hibernating and dreaming about getting out this spring.
"Hey you ol hunk a Iron"
"who do you think is going to get more action next spring?"
I started wondering what have I started. This bike with one gear has a lot of spunk.
How did I like the first ride?
I love it.
I never really understood the whole single speed craze, and it is hard to explain. They really are just fun to ride. Funny how you are always in the right gear. The only time I don't like it is when riding on the wide open flats or on long downhill double track. Riding in the woods is great until you get to a real steep hill. But that's not a big deal because even if I had more gears. I probably would have to get off and walk anyhow.

  









No comments:

Post a Comment